Industrial Gases Manufacturer
Why this brand: I tried for Morris and other cars but this Mercedes-Benz W121 (190D) is 100 percent original and it was imported by TELCO on 1 January 1961. TATAs later sent the car from Mumbai and left it in Gwalior. Registration was then transferred to my name. I have always loved something which is special. I love travelling; I have visited South East countries, Germany, Japan, almost every continent, with such extensive travelling I developed a taste for vintage cars and stuff. I keep buying parts for the car whenever I am in Germany.
Dream Car: I always loved Mercedes and I drove lots of them in Africa. After buying 190D (Mercedes-Benz W121) friends of mine who love Mercedes say you have hit a sixer in vintage cars!
Next Car: Most likely to be a BMW Isetta.
You like most while driving this car: When people stare the car and admire it.
Message: Try to be submissive and be good to others!
190D STYLE CHECK
- 1959 Mercedes-Benz W121 Ponton car weighing 1250kg
- Featuring temperature warning lamp and oil warning lamp
- Only 20,629 were built from 1958 to 1959
- Only 1 in Gwalior and rare in India
- Priced at Rs. 8.47 lacs during 1962
- 1897 cc 6 Cylinder diesel engine producing 50hp power reaches 126kmph
1926 Daimler Model 45 HP Salon Cabriolet
Ashok with 1926 Daimler at the museum. The car was built by Barker & Company on the special order from by Gulab Singh, the Maharajah of Rewa of India and was delivered in 1928.