Mumbai: Volvo Auto India announced the launch of the petrol variant of V40 Cross Country in India. The V40 Cross Country, India’s most appreciated cross country vehicle since its launch in 2013, will now provide customers a more economical driving option.
The new petrol variant of V40 Cross Country continues to offer luxury, features and style in a compact package. The new Cross Country petrol variant will be available in T4 Engine, 1.6 GDTi 4 Cylinder, 6 Speed Automatic transmissions with class-leading 180HP and a whopping 240Nm torque. The GTDi (Gasoline Turbo charged Direct Injection) concept would offer really low fuel consumption without compromising on performance or driving pleasure.
Priced at Rs. 27 Lacs (Ex-showroom, Mumbai without Octroi) the Volvo V40 Cross Country will be retailed through Volvo dealerships across the country starting today. The new Volvo V40 Cross Country is a unique blend of capable ruggedness and expressive elegance up to a new altitude by establishing a Cross Country in the Premium C-segment.
Tomas Ernberg, Managing Director, Volvo Auto India said,”We are excited to bring the petrol variant of V40 Cross Country to India. Buoyed by the growing acceptance of V40 Cross Country since June 2013 when we launched it here, we have now decided to bring in the petrol variant at a very competitive pricing in order to increase our reach further. I believe our customers would be enthralled with this new car.”
Currently V40 Cross Country is the only car in India by Volvo Cars that is available in both the versions, in diesel and petrol. It continues to keep the brand promise of World-Class safety.
The new Cross Country petrol variant will be available with class-leading 180HP and a whopping 240Nm torque. The new GTDi engines have a compact format and are made entirely from die-cast aluminum, which gives low weight and good heat-dissipation capability. These are some of the requirements for good energy efficiency. The fuel injection system has been refined so that combustion can be regulated with extreme precision, each injector centrally above the piston beside the spark plug. This gives particularly uniform and finely atomised fuel distribution. In order to minimise petrol consumption and emissions, the fuel must be utilised as efficiently as possible.
The all-new Volvo V40 has received the top rating of five stars in the Euro NCAP collision test.The overall result is the best ever recorded by the institute.
Unique Features –
- TFT Crystal Display – Thin Film Transistor (TFT) is the latest technology user in monitors and televisions. You can choose from 3 graphic display themes“Elegance (Amberish), ECO (Greenish), and Performance (Sporty Reddish)”. The driving modes transform the interactive dashboard,monitor your driving, and assist you in maintaining optimization and not to mention the mood.
- Electronic Climate Control (ECC)
- Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) – Personalisable levels of steering assist
- Park Assist Rear
- Park Assist Camera- preparaton – Camera uses electronics to reduce “Fish Eye “effect. Image seen in screen is as natural as possible (with guiding lines). The petrol version comes with preparation for Rear Camera which can be fitted as an accessory
- Start-Stop Technology – At halts when the gear is in neutral, the engine is turned off automatically and restarts as soon as you accelerate. It reduces CO2 emissionsby upto 8% and increases mileage.
- Engine Brake Energy Regeneration – Transferring energy smartly. Whenever the accelerator or brake is released while a gear is engaged, the braking energy isfed back to the battery. It reduces load of the alternator, saves fuel and lowers emission.
- Personal Car Communicator with Keyless entry and drive – Has an operational range of 100 metres for functions controlled by remote and up to 20 metres for remote lock functions.
- World-class audio experience – This car has a High Performance 4x45W amplifier with 8 loudspeakers. With a single CD player and MP3 decoder, one can also control the audio system from their steering wheels.