Gwalior, 25 December 2014: Minister for Steel and Mines Narendra Singh Tomar flagged off “Susashan express” on the birthday of former Prime Minster Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Running from former Prime Minister’s birth place Gwalior to his work place Lucknow and Balrampur (Gonda) the will depart once a week on Wednesday from Gwalior and come back from Gonda on Thursday. Gwalior-Gonda Sushasan Express comprises of 17 coaches which are composed as 2A-1 , 3A-2 , SL-6 , GS-6 , SLR/D-2.
On the formal launch program Cabinet Minister of Women and Child Development Maya Singh, Bhind-Datia MP Bhagirath Prasad, MLA Narayan Singh Kushwaha & Bharat Singh Kushwaha, Mayor Sameeksha Gupta and Mayor-elect Vivek Narayan Shejwalkar, BJP district president Abhay Chaudhary, Jhansi Railway Board manager Naveen Chopra and other large number of representatives, administrative officers and passengers were present.
On the launch Tomar said in Gwalior a new yard will be made soon at Rairu, for which Rs. 29 crore has been approved by Ministry of Railways. He further said that Rs. 25 crore has been approved by Toursim department of Indian Government for mega project to preserve the archaeological zone, cultural and natural heritage. It will give new identity for the region.
Later, Gwalior-Jhansi Jhansi Division Manager Naveen Chopra explained the new features provided by railways in this zone. zone provided by the railway explained in terms of new features:
- Jhansi-Bandra via Gwalior train was one day in the past week, it has been extended to two days.
- Work on Bhind-Etawah 36 km of railway section has been completed at a cost of Rs. 608 crore, which will soon be opened for rail traffic.
- To change the Gwalior-Sheopur into broad gauge route, Rs. 3,712 crore proposal has been sent to the Railway Board.
- For broad gauge railway section 85 km from Bhind to Konch survey is completed.
- To convert in Dholpur-Sirmathura narrow gauge to board gauge Rs. 1,200 project has been designed.
- For Rs. 9 crore on Gwalior station on BOT base mechanized laundry is being installed. Whose tender has been issued.
- For doubling of Jhansi-Kanpur railway section Rs. 1,150 crore worth of work is being done.
- For passenger amenities stoppage of Shatabdi Express at Dholpur and Lalitpur stations have been approved.
- Given the growing crowd of people in different trains are fitted with 211 additional coaches.
- Gwalior and Jhansi railway station at a cost of Rs. 3.70 crore automatic escalators has been approved.
- Gwalior, Jhansi stations have been approved to build functional complex. In which, the construction of a complex at Gwalior with a cost of 3.09 crore has been completed.
- For passenger amenities 38 public ticket booking centres have been introduced.
- Board Reservation Center operates 21 locations. Additionally Gwalior and Morar, at Kampu mansion, Khajuraho, Chhatarpur, Tikamgarh, Hamirpur, Rath, Pitambara peth Datia and Ambah reservation centers have been opened.
- Also online booking of retiring rooms have been introduced for the convenience of passengers.