As the last 125 telegrams were being readied for dispatch at Gwalior’s only Telegraph Office situated at Jayendraganj as state-owned BSNL has discontinued telegram services from 15 July 2013. From the morning people start arriving at the office to deliver their telegram. Most of the people thought of sending the telegrams to themselves in order to preserve 163 year history of telegram. Mayor Sameeksha Gupta sent telegram to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Minister of Urban Development Kamal Nath and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan in which she wrote about the inclusion of Gwalior in JNNURM. BSNL General Manager Prashant Trivedi reached Telegrah office at 12:30pm and wrote that becoming its part as a customer I am bidding adieu to this 160 year old service as a general manager and I proud of it.
- Mayor inspect the condition of Gwalior’s road after the rains
- Protect our environment says Mayor Sameeksha Gupta
- 46 people get new shop by Municipal Corporation Gwalior
- Gwalior experienced the power of Bundelkhandi music
- Gwalior Mayor celebrated Rakhi with soldiers, special children and media
- Hariyali Teej festival celebrated at Mayor house in Gwalior
- Gwalior: Treading the path of development
- Eco-friendly idols should go up on religious festivals feels Gwalior Commissioner
- Gwalior expresses on 67th Independence Day
- Rotary Club of Gwalior Imperial installation ceremony conducted
Your Point of View
You must be logged in to post a comment.