Dr. Dhirendra Singh Chandel
Registrar, Raja Man Singh Tomar University
Expression: In 1934 it was gifted to my father from his elder sister. When I was around 10 year old, from those days I am driving this car. As my father sentiments are attached to the car, I never thought of selling it. I recently got it restored but its parts, engine are still original.
Dream Car: Ford is my dream car as my sentiments are attached to it.
Next Car: New Land Rover or a vintage Cadillac convertible, nothing is better than this. I saw that Cadillac at Jai Vilas Mahal, I’ve never seen such a beautiful vehicle.
You like most while driving this car: Now I drive it once a year. I recently got it repainted and I love the beauty of this car. The best feeling would be to drive this car on the river side roads of village. Ford was also the winner in classic car show held at Bhopal.
Message: Love your car and maintain it. Don’t do a rash driving.
MODEL A STYLE CHECK
- 48,49,340 were made from 1927 to 1931
- Sold by Ford with the cost of ₹24,000 with A Chassis platform
- 201 CID (3.3 L) inline-4 cyl engine mated to 3-speed sliding manual gear
- 40bhp of power with a top speed of 105 kmph
- Model A is predecessor of world’s most influential car of the 20th century Model T
- Features electric starter thought by Henry Ford
- First car to have safety glass in the windshield
- Used by Soviet Union as armored car in World War II