Pune, 16 April 2015: Mercedes-Benz India is pleased to announce the introduction of Mercedes-Benz Apps with COMAND Online, taking internet connectivity to a whole new level. Mercedes-Benz Apps provides convenient access to a wide range of some of the most popular apps and services on the internet. Starting with the launch of the stunning new CLS 250 CDI and new E-Class Cabriolet, Mercedes-Benz Apps are now available with all Mercedes-Benz cars equipped with the COMAND Online system (New Telematics Generation (NTG) 4.5 and above (NTG 4.5, 5*1 and 5*2).
Eberhard Kern, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said: “We at Mercedes-Benz have always strived to bring the best in modern luxury and latest technology for our customers. The introduction of the Mercedes-Benz Apps is yet another inititative towards this direction. We are confident that the Mercedes-Benz Apps will delight our customers and will not only be a standard offering for our new cars, but also for all our existing customers who have COMAND Online system in their cars. This reiterates our committment of offering the best ownership experience for our customers”.
In addition to the unrestricted internet browsing feature, the following apps are currently a part of the Mercedes-Benz Apps service portfolio in India based on app content relevance. These are
- Mercedes-Benz Radio: It is an exclusive web radio with an inspiring and unique selection of music and carefully selected content created exclusively for Mercedes-Benz owners.
- TuneIn Radio: TuneIn Radio offers the ability to listen to radio stations and podcasts from around the world. TuneIn covers over 100,000 real radio stations and four million on-demand programs and podcasts.
- Weather: Customers can stay a step ahead of the weather by viewing a daily or a 5-day forecast for their current location or a location they specify. The Weather App also allows them to view a nationwide weather map and move the map to display weather to a specific location.
- News (Audio news with text-to-speech function): The News App with a news-reading function allows the customer to access on-the-go worldwide news. The one-click read out aloud (text–to–speech) feature allows you to listen to all the news as you drive without distraction of looking at the screen.
- RSS Newsfeeds: Reading news on the move is part of many of our customers’ daily life. RSS feeds help subscribers stay informed about current news and manage their subscribed feeds. With RSS Reader Service, subscribers can scan headlines of news items to mark them for future reading or listen to full articles that can be read aloud to them while they are driving.
- HRS Hotel search: The app allows search and selection of accommodation according to various hotel categories, in the current location or at any specified location. Details like price and address of the hotels can be seen with the navigation option.
- Morningstar Finance (available only with CLS-Class): Customers can get global market data from Morningstar, Inc., a leading provider of independent investment research and services. Searches can be done for information from over 416,000 investment offerings including stocks, currencies and commodities. Customers can also create a “Watch List” to keep them on top of their financial game.
The use of cloud-based connectivity means updates and access to the latest apps are available and sent to the vehicle over-the-air. This also ensures the customer’s vehicle will remain current with the latest Mercedes-Benz Apps without the need to visit the dealership. The portfolio of applications continues to expand throughout the life of the vehicle.
These apps can be accessed via internet data connectivity through a Bluetooth tethered smartphone* including Apple iPhone, BlackBerry and Android or Windows-based smartphones.
With Mercedes-Benz Apps, customers can now enjoy the latest technology and connectivity in a wide range of Mercedes-Benz models. Going forward, Mercedes-Benz Apps will be made available with more models.