- Global accolades: AMG GT S is the ‘World Performance Car of the Year
2015’, and ‘Red Dot: Best of the Best” award winner for outstanding design
quality and ground breaking styling among others
- Combining driving dynamics and first-class racetrack performance with
high day-to-day suitability, makes the AMG GT S an ideal sports car
- The AMG GT S houses the first sports car engine with internally installed
turbochargers (“hot inner V”) and dry sump lubrication
- AMG GT S’ hand crafted AMG 4.0 L V8 engine produces 375 kW (510 hp) of power and 650 Nm of torque | Zero to 100 km/h sprint in 3.8 seconds, top
speed of 310 km/h
- With a dry weight of 209 kg the new AMG V8 is also the lightest engine in
its competitive segment
- The AMG GT S boasts the lightest chassis in its segment with a weight of
just 231 kg
- 10,000+ unique configurations possible with AMG GT S in India with
“designo” customisation options: 7 exterior colour options | 6 upholstery
options | 4 alloy wheel design options | 3 seat belt colour options | 4 trim
options | 5 optional packages
- Ultimate race car experience: AMG GT S features AMG Performance
Steering Wheel, Electronic AMG rear axle differential lock, AMG ride control
sport suspension, AMG Performance seats and AMG speed sensitive
Unmatched and individualised driving dynamics with five different AMG
DYNAMIC SELECT transmission modes: ‘Comfort’, ‘Sport’, ‘Sport +’,
‘RACE’ and ‘Individual’
- The fully customized AMG GT S is priced at INR 2.40 Cr (ex-showroom
Mercedes-Benz drives in the ‘World Performance Car of the Year 2015’ in India: the stylish, dynamic and sporty AMG GT S (C120) makes its India debut
New Delhi: India’s largest German luxury car manufacturer Mercedes-Benz today launched the ‘World Performance Car of the Year 2015’ and Red Dot Design’s ‘Best of the Best’ winner, the Mercedes-AMG GT S in India. The introduction of the Mercedes AMG GT S redefines the sports car segment in India by combining stunning design,breath-taking proportions, luxurious appointments, unmatched driving dynamics and a first-class racetrack performance with superb everyday practicality.
The quickest AMG in India yet and a sports car in its purest form, the AMG GT S was launched in India by racing icon, Bernd Schneider and Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India, at T&T Motors’ exclusive AMG Performance Centre in New Delhi. The launch of the quickest AMG in India was made special with the presence of Bernd Schneider. Bernd Schneider is five-time DTM champion and with 43 victories, is the most successful DTM driver of all time. Bernd’s association with Mercedes-AMG began since 1992 and his first win in a DTM Championship came in 1995. Bernd is also the most successful endurance racer, as in 2013 alone, he won the 24h race Nürburgring, the 24h race Spa, the 12h race Bathurst, the 12h race Abu Dhabi and also winner of the 1000km race Nürburgring.
Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented, “Mercedes-Benz was born on the race track and with the AMG GT S we have proven yet again that, racing is in our DNA and we ‘Drive Performance’. This World Performance Car of the Year strongly underlines Mercedes-AMG’s prowess in developing a contemporary world-class sports car which also creates a whole new benchmark in the luxury performance car segment. The AMG GT S is manufactured in accordance to the brand’s motto of Handcrafted by Racers’ – which perfectly encapsulates our strong heritage and spirit of performance motoring. The AMG GT S with its globally acclaimed design, unmatched driving dynamics, and unparalleled performance coupled with luxury and safety features makes it an unbeatable sports car that a luxury sports car customer would cherish. With the new GT S, Mercedes-AMG emerges even more aggressively as a dynamic sports car brand.”
Mr. Folger elaborated, “Mercedes-AMG has an unmatched presence in the performance segment in India with as many as ten unique AMG products. The AMG GT S has everything one would expect from an authentic sports car – from distinctive styling with perfect proportions, powerfully shaped surfaces and flowing lines, thoroughbred motorsport technology and optimum weight distribution. The launch of the AMG GT S is the finest example of our ‘top of pyramid’ approach for the Indian market, as we are presenting the most acclaimed product from our global portfolio. With the AMG GT S, which is also the ‘World Performance Car of the Year’; we have yet another winning product for India.”
AMG GT S’ AMG 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine is a new development and the sporty heart of the new Mercedes-AMG GT. The strengths of this innovative eight-cylinder includes outstanding power delivery, systematic lightweight construction and high efficiency and environmental compatibility. With an output of 375 kW (510 hp) and maximum torque of 650 newton metres, the new AMG V8 delivers performance at motor racing level.
First sports car engine with ‘hot inside V’ and dry sump lubrication
The new AMG V8 engine has two turbochargers which are not mounted on the outside of the cylinder banks but rather inside the V configuration – which is known as a ‘hot inside V’. Dry sump lubrication allows the engine to be installed lower, which moves the centre of gravity closer to the road and forms the basis for high lateral acceleration. The AMG GT S’ engine is thus the world’s first sports car engine with hot inside V and dry sump lubrication. With a dry weight of 209 kg the new AMG V8 is also the lightest engine in its competitive segment.
AMG DYNAMIC SELECT Drive programmes:
The AMG DYNAMIC Select augments dynamism and agility of the AMG GT S, even more. The AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension with electronically controlled damping comes as standard on the Mercedes-AMG GT S. The driver can adjust the damping characteristics by using the AMG DYNAMIC SELECT drive modes. Three stages are available: “Comfort”, “Sport” and “Sport plus”. The AMG RIDE CONTROL sport suspension enables an exhilarating driving dynamics and the long-distance comfort that is a hallmark of an AMG. The continuously active damping system improves handling safety and ride comfort, depending on the speed, driving style, road surface and the selected suspension setting.
Design: Embodies the sensual purity of sportiness and emotion
Exterior design: The Mercedes-AMG GT S reveals classic sports car proportions with its very long bonnet and extremely short overhangs. Its lines and surfaces are uncompromisingly puristic in design. An exciting interplay of flowing lines and curves creates a trendsetting design of sensual purity that makes the Mercedes-AMG GT S a dynamic sports car.
• Dynamic front section with low-drawn bonnet
• Front splitter in silver chrome, diamond radiator grille with pins in chrome,
ventilation grille in high-gloss black
• Sporty front apron with large cooling air intakes and large air inlets on either side
• Exterior mirror housings in vehicle colour
• Upright diamond radiator grille in black with central star
• LED High Performance headlamps in a sportily striking look
Interior design: The outstanding precision and a superior quality feel, thanks to the finest materials with superb workmanship are characteristic of the AMG GT S’ interiors. The extensive standard appointments, high level of day-to-day suitability, exemplary safety and first-class entertainment make this sports car truly fascinating. Numerous options enable the driver to enhance sportiness, exclusivity and individuality according to their very own personal tastes. From the AMG Performance steering wheel in nappa leather and the AMG instrument cluster with carbon-fibre-effect backplates, to the sculptural lines of the instrument panel, every interior element contributes to the car’s overall sporty appeal.
• AMG sports seats in two-tone exclusive nappa leather upholstery options
• Embossed AMG crest in the armrest of the centre console
• AMG performance steering wheel
• AMG instrument cluster with red highlights and speedometer
• Dynamically dominant, upward sloping centre console form
• AMG Drive Unit in stylised V8 configuration with controls for all driving dynamic functions: for example the AMG E-Select lever or the AMG DYNAMIC SELECT Controller for selecting the 4 predefined transmission modes and an individually adjustable mode
AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7-speed sports transmission
The sporty transmission modes “S” and “S+” of the AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7-speed sports transmission have been enhanced yet further for the Mercedes-AMG GT S. The additional transmission mode “RACE” has been configured in terms of responsiveness,engine speed and shift times to deliver the ultimate in racetrack performance.
• 5 transmission modes: “C” (Comfort), “S” (Sport), “S+” (Sport Plus), I (Individual) and “RACE” mode
• The transmission mode “RACE” has been configured in terms of responsiveness,engine speed and shift times to deliver superlative racetrack performance
AMG Performance exhaust system
Emotionally appealing soundscape or discreet background noise, the adjustable
exhaust flaps of the AMG GT S allow the sound of the AMG Performance exhaust system to be regulated to suit the driver’s preference. The transmission mode selected also influences the sound characteristics.
Electronic AMG rear- axle differential lock
The Mercedes-AMG GT S features the AMG rear axle differential lock which can adjust to defined locking ratios within milliseconds.
This delivers targeted improvements to traction, and also to driving stability in slaloms or when changing lane at high speed.
• Variable locking effect in acceleration and deceleration mode
• The driven wheels benefit from outstanding traction at all friction levels
• Increased driving stability in slaloms or when changing lane at high speeds
AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension
The AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension with adaptive adjustable damping provides three suspension modes. The driver is able to choose between “Comfort”, “Sport” and “Sport Plus” at the touch of a button, optimising the damping characteristics for the current driving situation. The damping tuning is controlled individually for each wheel and is dependent on the driving style, the road surface condition and the selected suspension setting.
‘designo’ customization options for the AMG GT S:
• AMG nappa leather: Red pepper/black | AMG nappa leather: White Black
• AMG Nappa Leather: Black/Silver Pearl
• AMG Silver Chrome | AMG Carbon Fibre | AMG matt Silver Glass-Fibre
• AMG matt Carbon Fibre
AMG Performance Seats:
• Nappa leather/DINAMICA Exclusive microfiber black with red stitching
• Nappa leather/DINAMICA Exclusive microfiber black with yellow stitching
• Nappa leather/DINAMICA Exclusive microfiber black with grey stitching
Alloy: The customer can choose between four alloy alternatives with red brake calipersas standard:
• AMG cross-spoke forged wheels Painted matt black
• AMG cross-spoke forged wheels Painted titanium grey
• AMG 5-spoke light-alloy wheels Painted matt black
• AMG 5-spoke light-alloy wheels Painted in titanium grey
• Magnetic Black | Iridium silver | Brilliant Blue | Selenite Grey
• designo finishes: Hyacinth Red | Diamond White Bright | AMG Solar Beam
A safe sportscar to its core:
• Adaptive Brake Lights
• AMG high-performance composite braking system
• TIREFIT with tyre inflation compressor
• PRE-SAFE system
• Automatic child seat recognition (ACSR)
• 3 Stage ESP | 8 airbags