Launched in 1981, the “Electric car with high-energy battery” research project eventually led to eight BMW E30 325iX models being converted from all-wheel to front-wheel drive, ready for testing from 1987 onwards. They served as experimental vehicles, trialling a brand new, maintenance-free sodium-sulphur (NaS) battery, which had been purpose-developed by Asea Brown Boveri (ABB) for use in electric vehicles. With an energy density three times greater than that of conventional lead-acid batteries, it represented a great leap forward. 325iX was produced in 1986.
- Meeting Industrialist Vikrant Bansal and his joy BMW 320D
- From 1975 to 2015, BMW 3 Series completes 40 years of its existence
- New BMW 3 Series Sedan and Touring gets unvelied in 4 petrol & 7 diesel units
- BMW’s South African plant produced 10 lakh car as 3 Series
- Made in India BMW 320d Gran Turismo Sport Line launched for Rs. 39.90 lakhs
- Vorsteiner Evo Aero Kit for BMW M4 and M3
- BMW 3 Series gets Autocar Asian Car of the Year 2013 Award
- BMW emergency vehicles for RETTmobil 2013
- Quick-witted: BMW xDrive and MINI ALL4
- Auto Expo 2014: BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo unveiled in India
Your Point of View
You must be logged in to post a comment.