New Delhi, 9 April 2015: 64th NEC Plenary will be organized on 9th and 10th April at SCOPE Auditorium, SCOPE Complex, 7 Lodhi Road, New Delhi. The North Eastern Council is the nodal agency for the economic and social development of the North Eastern Region which consists of the eight States of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. The North Eastern Council was constituted in 1971 by an Act of Parliament.The constitution of the Council has marked the beginning of a new chapter of concerted and planned endeavour for the rapid development of the Region.
1. At the event there will be discussion on major infrastructure and development activities which are taken up in the North East with Ministries/Department of-
- Road Transport and Highways
- Civil Aviation
- Shipping (Inland Waterways)
- External Affairs (Act East Policy)
- Home Affairs (Border Trade)
- Human Resource Development (Higher Education)
- Communication and Information Technology (Telecom)
- Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
- Financial and Banking Services (Financial Inclusion)
- NEC Agenda
2. Launching of North East Tourism Website
3. Release of book on “Basic Statistics of NER – 2015”
PM Narendra Modi and Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region Dr. Jitendra Singh will be present at the occasion.
Your Point of View
You must be logged in to post a comment.