Lets give you the highlights of new MINI JCW-
• Green light for the latest edition of the top athlete in the small car segment; the new MINI John Cooper Works combines authentic race feeling with the premium characteristics and extended product substance of the latest MINI Generation; distinctive, tradition-steeped, based on a vehicle concept combining MINI and John Cooper Works, with performance qualities which are exceptional within the competitive environment.
• Extreme driving fun and exclusive charisma based on technology for engine, suspension and aerodynamics derived directly from motor racing as well as model-specific design features for the exterior and interior; greater differentiation from the MINI 3 door highlights the model’s individual character.
• Most powerful engine ever fitted in a serial production model of the British premium brand; 2.0-litre 4-cylinder spark ignition engine developed based on well-established racing expertise drawing on the latest generation of power units with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology; output increased to 170 kW/231 hp, performance-oriented power delivery and highly emotional sound due to specific design of pistons, turbocharger and exhaust system, combined fuel consumption according to EU: 6.7 l/100 km, combined CO2 emissions: 155 g/km.
• Engine output increased by 10 per cent as compared to predecessor model; maximum torque increased by 23 per cent to 320 Newton metres; 6-speed manual transmission as standard, 6-speed Steptronic sports transmission as an option; acceleration from zero to 100 km/h in 6.3 seconds (minus 0.2 seconds) with manual transmission or 6.1 seconds (minus 0.6 seconds) with automatic; elasticity improved by 10 per cent (80 – 120 km/h in 5.6 seconds); 6-speed manual transmission as standard, 6-speed Steptronic sports transmission as an optional extra; fuel consumption and CO2 levels in conjunction with automatic transmission reduced by approximately 20 per cent to 5.7 l/100 km and 133 g/km in the EU test cycle.
• Suspension technology precisely harmonised with the power and performance characteristics of the engine; newly developed Brembo sports brake system; exclusive 17-inch John Cooper Works Race Spoke light alloy wheels; electromechanical power steering with Servotronic; Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) including Dynamic Traction Control (DTC), Electronic Differential Lock Control (EDLC) and Performance Control; Dynamic Damper Control optionally available.
• Aerodynamically optimized body design: model-specific front apron with large cooling air inlets which also occupy the space allocated to the fog lamps in the MINI 3 door; distinctive side sill and rear apron design; John Cooper Works rear spoiler.
MINI John Cooper Works: 4-cylinder petrol engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology (turbocharging, direct injection, fully variable valve control, variable camshaft control),
capacity: 1 998 cc, output: 231 hp at 5 200 – 6 000 rpm, max. torque: 320 Nm at 1 250 – 4 800 rpm,
acceleration (0–100 km/h): 6.3 seconds (automatic: 6.1 seconds),
top speed: 246 km/h, average fuel consumption according to EU: 6.7 litres (5.7 litres)/100 kilometres,
CO2 emissions according to EU: 155 g/km (133 g/km), exhaust emission standard: EU6.
- Length: 3 874 millimetres
- Width: 1 727 millimetres
- Height: 1 414 millimetres
- Wheelbase: 2 495 millimetres