Continuing with its quest towards bringing the best of luxury cars to the Indian customer, Audi, the leading German luxury car manufacturer has launched the all-new Audi TT Coupé today. A design icon, the all-new Audi TT Coupé embodies dynamics, emotion and technology in their purest forms – in design, the engines, chassis and the innovative operating concept. The sporty yet elegant Audi TT Coupé is priced at INR 60,34,000/- (ex-showroom Delhi and Mumbai).
“Re-engineered for more power, the all-new Audi TT Coupé blends dynamic aesthetics with innovative technology and inspired performance. A design icon, the all-new Audi TT Coupé combines classic TT DNA with that of the legendary Audi Sport models, truly embodying ‘Vorsprung durch Technik’. A pleasure to drive, the futuristic interiors with brushed aluminum inlays, finely stitched leather sports seats, and innovative Audi virtual cockpit truly embody the sportiness, progressiveness and sophistication of the Audi brand and is the perfect car for our young and dynamic customers in India,” said Joe King, Head, Audi India.
Working in combination with a six-speed S tronic transmission and quattro permanent all-wheel drive, the 2.0 TFSI engine, with its 230 hp, accelerates the all-new Audi TT Coupé from 0 to 100 km/h in 5.3 seconds.
“Both our product launches of 2015 – the limited edition Audi R8 LMX and the all-new Audi TT Coupé have a strong sporty flair. This highlights Audi’s heritage in sportscars, our leadership in this segment in India and our seriousness towards this ultra-luxurious and indulgent market space. Having said this, we are gearing up with other thrilling surprises on the product front and our Audi fans will surely be spoilt for choices this year,” added King.
With the all-new Audi TT Coupé, the Audi designers have delivered a modern interpretation of the unmistakable lines of the original Audi TT enriched with numerous dynamic facets. Unveiled at the 1995 Frankfurt Motor Show, the first-generation Audi TT came to the market in 1998 and became a design revolution – it’s strictly geometrical, formally coherent design language made it a design icon with huge charisma. With the Audi Space Frame technology, the second generation Audi TT became known as an award-winning, agile and responsive drive and made a name for itself as a design icon similar to its predecessor.
Going through the all-new Audi TT Coupé
Concept, exterior design and chassis
- 2+2-seat Coupé, 305-liter luggage compartment
- Length 4.18 meters, wheelbase 2.51 meters, short overhangs
- Athletically dynamic design with hints of the first-generation TT
- LED or optional Matrix LED headlights
- Composite construction body of steel and aluminum
- 0 TFSI engine generating 169 kw (230 hp) and 370 Nm of torque
- 0-100 kmph in 5.3 seconds
- Top speed of 250 Kmph
- Six-speed S tronic transmission
- quattro permanent all-wheel drive with Audi Drive Select. Dynamic mode increases rear bias
- Elaborate suspensions with aluminum components at the front axle
- Dynamic steering
- Audi drive select dynamic driving system
- ESC stabilization control
- 18-inch lightweight wheels
Interior design, operating concept and equipment
- TT designed Flat Bottomed Multifunction Plus Steering Wheel with Paddle shifters
- Flowing, lightweight lines in the interior, slender instrument panel, uncompromising focus on the driver, newly developed lightweight sport seats and optional S sport seats
- Digital Audi virtual cockpit and newly designed MMI terminal, plus improved voice control, air conditioning controls in the Jet Turbine shaped air vents
- Numerous infotainment modules, including MMI navigation plus, and Bang & Olufsen sound system available as an option
- Improved electronics architecture with second-generation modular infotainment platforms- Aux, USB and SD card
- Revised range of colors and materials
- Auto hold assist
- AC vents with integrated adjustment for temperature, air flow settings and positioning