1. Demonstration of the mechanics of facial expression. Duchenne and an assistant faradize the mimetic muscles of “The Old Man.”
2. Mannequins damaged due to fire in the wax museum of Madame Tussauds in 1930
3. Myrtle Corbin, who was born in 1868 as a dipygus, which is a medical term for “Is that an extra pelvis”. She spent her early years in a show of circus.
4. Ella Harper suffered from a disorder that weakens the ligaments of the knees. She was known as the girl camel (1870-1921).
5. Horsemanning , or fake beheading, was a popular way to pose in a photograph in the 1920′s.
6. Photograph of a terrifying family which existed in real.
7. Entries of a beauty contest which has to be judged only by the physical appearance.
8. Woman undergoing anti-freckles treatment with carbon dioxide during 1930s.
9. Count Orlok (Max Schreck) sitting during the filming of a 1922 Geran horror film “Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror”.
10. Two women talking in a birds mask
11. Customers at “Café del Infierno” (Coffee from hell) in Paris which was closed in the early 1920s.
12. Woman with Halloween costume in 1910.
13. Two parents posing with their dead daughter (middle).
14. During a concentration camp a girl makes a drawing of her meaning of “home”.
15. Mental patient Katharina Detzel who built his own man with the straw in his bed in 1910.
16. Kids in Halloween during 1900s.
17. A Santa Claus that does not inspire a lot of trust.
18. Disturbing meeting of a Mickey Mouse fan club during 1930s.
19. Halloween during 1940s.
20. A Navajo disguised as a spirit Nayenezgani – Slayer of Alien Gods.
21. Boys returning from their initiation in the Poro. Panguma, Sierra Leone (Photo: Sjoerd Hofstra, 1936)
Your Point of View
You must be logged in to post a comment.