As part of the ongoing rescue and relief operations of Indian Army (IA) as per priorities expressed by Nepal Army, a Task Force (TF) Headquarters has been established in Kathmandu under Maj Gen Sandhu of IA. Another TF has been set up at Barpak under Brig Gamlin of IA, today. Road from Kathmandu to Pokhara has been opened up by Engineer Task Force inducted yesterday. Satellite communication link between Nepalese Army Head Quarters and Indian Army Engineer Task Force has been established. In addition a Movement Control Team has been set up in Kathmandu to direct relief convoys to affected areas.
Following stores have been/ are being inducted :-
- 4 x ALH & 2 x Cheetah helicopters are under induction to Pokhara where a Helicopter Base is being established.
- Induction of 18 x Medical Teams (3x Field Hospitals) has been completed. One Field Hospital has been deployed at Rajdalgarh near Lalitpur with 01 x Orthopedic specialist 01 x Surgical Specialist and 01x Anesthetist along with attached medical staff. Additional doctors have been tasked to cover 80 Km radius area around the base in two Mobile Medical Teams.
- One Engineer Task Force (ETF) inducted on 26 Apr 15 comprising 40 personnel. 5 x Earth Moving Equipment (Engineer Plant) and Generators also inducted.
- 1400 Blankets and 40 Tents inducted on 26 Apr. 5000 blankets and 500 tents are planned to commence induction today, by road.
- 10 x INMARSAT (Satellite Phones) inducted on 26 Apr 15. 5 x High Frequency communication detachments for direct communication has been inducted today.
- Electrical Damage Assessment Team inducted today.
Pension Paying Office at Pokhara is functioning as a Multi National Coordination Centre. Helicopters are being employed to evacuate people from inaccessible areas and adhoc helipads are being constructed at remote and inaccessible areas. 203 civilians have been evacuated to safe areas and 47 civilians evacuated to hospitals in joint effort with NDRF & IAF.
Indian Army expedition team located at Everest Base Camp continues to assist in evacuation and rendering medical aid to the needy.